Why choose Cambridge AS Level French?
AS Level French is accepted by universities and employers as proof of linguistic ability and understanding. Successful language students gain lifelong skills, including:
Aims of the course:
- the ability to communicate confi dently and clearly in the target language
- a sound understanding of the nature of language and language study, and of the skills and abilities required for further study, work and leisure
- insight into the culture and contemporary society of countries where the language is spoken
- better integration into communities where the language is spoken
- positive attitudes towards language learning, towards the speakers of other languages, and towards other cultures and societies
- skills which can be used in other areas of learning, such as analysis and memory skills.
We recommend that candidates who are beginning this course should have previously completed a Cambridge O Level or Cambridge IGCSE assessment/course or equivalent in Afrikaans/French/German/ Portuguese/Spanish