Why Cambridge International AS and A Level Business?
The study of Cambridge International AS and A Level Business allows learners to take the first step towards a career in private or public organisations or progress with confidence to a degree in business and management related subjects.
About the syllabus: Cambridge learners will develop:
• the capacity to analyse characteristics and activities of business organisations and how they respond to the changing demands of their environments
• an understanding of how effective managers and leaders develop successful organisations in terms of customer focus and the products/services they offer
• the opportunity to reflect on how successful business organisations engage in financial and accounting practices to maximise value for stakeholders value
• development of knowledge that relates to strategic planning and decision-making to ensure business survival, change, and sustainable success
• a solid foundation for further study.
The key concepts on which this syllabus is built are set out below. These key concepts can help teachers think about how to approach each syllabus topic in order to encourage learners to make links between topics and develop a deep overall understanding of the subject.